🔦 Want dark mode?
Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + L
- 🚀 How We Started
- 🧐 An Insight On Our Take on Recruitment
- 🍮 The Proof is in the Pudding
- Check out our glowing reviews ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- "Incredibly dedicated team willing to advocate for you!"
- "Beware: Redbeard will get other traditional recruiters [to] run out of candidates"
- Why this role? Why now?
- Who You Are
- What You'll Do
- What You'll Bring
- What's In It For You
- About Your Manager: Shweta
- ✨ RedBeard’s Top Highlights
- 🌐 International and Diverse Team Culture
- 💪 Beginners Mindset
- ✨ Well-Established Client Base
- Our Company Values:
🚀 How We Started
We were frustrated by recruitment agencies' inconsistent, slow, and - way too often - dishonest, overly expensive approach. Sending irrelevant profiles and hoping for the best. To all agencies out there: “Network” isn't a differentiating factor anymore - start to innovate!!
Three years later, what sets us apart is:
- Speed through automation (shortlist of three within 7 days, end-to-end of 15 days)
- Recruiting through storytelling (our secret sauce)
- Delivering valuable CX and data-driven experiences (it’s about people and relationships)
Our teams in Australia, the US, the UK, South Africa, Sri Lanka, the Philippines and Thailand focus on startup recruitment, with our clients being market leaders in their area.
Head Office: Sydney
With people in: Sydney, Colombo, Bangkok, Johannesburg, New York, Phoenix, Dallas, London and Austin
🧐 An Insight On Our Take on Recruitment
Why Saying 'Yes' Is The Best For You
"If a window of opportunity appears, don't pull down the shade." - Tom Peters We 'meet' an opportunity in more than one way in our day to day lives however our mind often says an assertive 'NO' to it.
Your Candidates are your Customers!
If you offer a poor customer experience then you are definitely not having a return customer, a very fundamental principle across industries without exception, right? The same holds true for candidates who have applied for a job with your company, be it direct or through a recruiter. However, there
10 lessons from my first month in Recruitment.
In between lockdowns, life, and the literal circus that is the outside world; somehow, on top of it all, a step was taken to pivot my career into the world of recruitment. As seems to be the common story in the industry, the opportunity seemed to fall from the sky.
🍮 The Proof is in the Pudding
Check out our glowing reviews ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"[To companies] You owe it to yourself to talk to RedBeard because you don't realise there's an entirely different approach out there" - Jane Oxley, CMO, Smokeball [Read more]
"RedBeard Talent saved us at least £15,000 (USD$20.5k, AUD$28.5k) compared to traditional agencies. And that's a low estimate" - Archie Winesett, SVP Sales, Triptease [Read more]
Why this role? Why now?
We attract higher quality talent 50% faster through automation and storytelling vs traditional recruitment agencies, and we need more hands on deck.
Did you know:
- Robert Half's research has found that a whopping 62% of job seekers lose interest in a job if the hiring process is lengthy. That number rises to 77% if there is no status update within three weeks.
- 69% of the Employers report having difficulty filling a role and putting it down to Talent shortage (Source: TalentLyft).
- According to LinkedIn, only 30% of companies can fill a vacant role within 30 days. The other 70% of companies take anywhere between 1 - 4 months to process a new hire.
Read more about our recruitment process and how (and why) we establish a Recruitment SLA.
Who You Are
- A nonpareil writer who could be the Foster Wallace of content writing
- Meticulous and efficient. The Elements of Style and Eats, Shoots & Leaves were your bedtime stories as a child
- A deep-thinker whose encyclopedic knowledge of sentence structure, narrative, and persuasive content intimidates other writers
- An autonomous worker that could write in a lighthouse, you’re also an invaluable collaborator. You’re the team’s Odysseus, happy to help the group, equally happy to be by yourself.
- Someone that has excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Someone that can effortlessly communicate RedBeard’s clients’ features, benefits, and value to candidates through storytelling
What You'll Do
- Develop messaging frameworks, positioning briefs and marketing briefs to drive new campaigns and support marketing materials
- Craft employer stories publicised on our website and in marketing collateral materials and potentially newsletters, one-pagers and emails etc
- Help develop collateral and assets to help our clients with selling their brand to candidates.
- Produce compelling and timely release information for new and updated product features, and fixes.
- Work with a team of content writers and other internal teams to gather requirements and information for documentation and distribution.
What You'll Bring
- Junior-level writing experience
- More than 3 years of experience in a content writing-focused full-time role or commensurate experience. Tech-start up experience is preferred.
- Exceptional writing, editing, formatting, collaboration and written communication in English
- Must provide writing examples (portfolio URL or PDF file upload) to be considered.
- How to really set yourself apart: experience in B2B
- International exposure while working, studying or living abroad
- Familiarity with Slack, Notion, Trello and Hubspot is preferred
What's In It For You
- Flexible working from home (fully remote in the US and Europe. Hybrid in Sydney, we just signed the lease for a cool Warehouse Style office in Surry Hills)
- Opportunity to work with inspiring start-ups, interact with key stakeholders and chat with Talent from various walks of life, everywhere around the world
- Learn more about innovative uses of disruptive technologies and automation
- An amount of responsibility and ownership that you won’t get anywhere else in the corporate world - if you ever feel “comfortable”, you’re in the wrong place
- Flexible incentive structure, which will be discussed with you every quarter.
- Be part of RedBeard’s Wellness program (more initiatives to come):
- Free access to the best mediation app there is: Headspace
- Free sessions with counsellors/psychologists to look after your mental wellbeing
- Free Classpass membership for physical activity
- You will never have to work on your birthday :) (if it falls on a weekend, no worries, you will get a day off during the week)
- Regular virtual and on-site team socials - with a big ass company trip planned to Sri Lanka
About Your Manager: Shweta
Hi! I am Shweta. Outside of work, my 6-month-old pup keeps me busy. I enjoy meeting and talking to people from different walks of life (probably why I enjoy my job as a Recruiter), working upon my self-growth with purpose, and invest in hobbies such as vocal training in music, cooking different cuisines, and mindfulness practices. I have recently moved close to the beaches and mountains, which has been a BIG change given I have always been a city girl! Giving back to the community and society at large is a HUGE driver. I am also inspired to be the change I want to see. Professionally, I have worked across industries such as Media, Retail, Travel, and Recruitment (entrepreneurship) and geographies including India and Australia. Disrupting the world of recruitment and helping candidates find their dream job makes me jump out of bed every day!
✨ RedBeard’s Top Highlights
🌐 International and Diverse Team Culture
We have a drive for progressive people-centric values and the ambition to change the game of recruitment.
💪 Beginners Mindset
We’re all about learning and improving daily. There is lots of room to try ideas, make mistakes and come back stronger.
✨ Well-Established Client Base
We have established relationships with clients in APAC, EU, and the US with positive cash flow and stable run rates. We only work with clients who have People and Recruitment values that align with ours or are willing to grow and do better.
Our Company Values:
Be the OG - Being original often means doing things differently; it always means taking pride in our own evolution of doing right by our candidates, clients and colleagues.
Get To The Heart of It - We don’t scratch on the surface. We dive right in: getting to know a hiring manager or talent, we go after the key aspects of what will make them happy. As a team, we do the same in how we collaborate.
Stick with It - We stick with it. We see it through. Together, we always find a way.
Give First - Whether it’s our clients, candidates or internally: we come from a place without ego, and we always provide value to you first.
Always Go To School - In any interaction or situation, there is always something for us to learn: we seek out the learning in anything and actively take those lessons as input to how we can be better.
Walk Towards the Fire - If we’re facing a challenge, we step up, and we face it together. Our growth is rooted in a belief that opportunities appear on our path for a reason, and that is to step up.
Fill The Cup - Our work fills our cups, as opposed to draining them, so we spend our time ensuring our candidates are matched with roles that fill their cups, too, and clients find the hiring process energizing.